As the new academic year gets under way, JDRF invites you to join the growing list of schools nationwide that are helping to create a world without type 1 diabetes (T1D). Last year, more than 400,000 students across the country raised more than $4 million through the JDRF Kids Walk to Cure Diabetes program. Over the past 5 school years, schools in the Southeastern Wisconsin area have raised nearly $172,000 for JDRF!!
The JDRF Kids Walk program is an educational, in-school fundraising program with two goals: 1) to educate students about type 1 and type 2 diabetes and the importance of a healthy lifestyle, and 2) to provide them with an opportunity to make a difference by raising money for type 1 diabetes (T1D) research.
We have already begun scheduling Kids Walks for the 2013–2014 school year. Now is the time to reserve your preferred dates! Click HERE to register your school.
What differentiates the JDRF Kids Walk program from other charitable school fundraisers is the unique educational component that presents the opportunity to provide relevant and relatable materials to your student body. Chances are your students know at least one person with diabetes as nearly 26 million Americans have diabetes, of which as many as three million are T1D.
Through the Kids Walk program, a community service program, you can empower your students to make a difference in the lives of millions of brave kids with T1D by fundraising for a cure. It’s all about kids helping kids!
Educators love our program because it’s easy to implement and has amazing benefits.
• Students gain basic knowledge about diabetes, healthy eating/exercise, and the importance of community service.
• Your school can receive 10 percent of the money raised to be used as you choose.
• Students can earn fun Difference Maker Awards, and your school can earn a beautiful recognition banner.
• Kids Walk gets kids moving! If you already have a walk scheduled at your school, JDRF staff can recommend other fun, physical events for your students.
• Our turnkey program requires minimal time from staff and teachers.
One of our school’s is even featured as the JDRF National School Spotlight this year!!
Visit kidswalk.jdrf.org for more information.
Contact Erin Hennessy, M.S. at email@example.com or at 414-453-4673 to get a Kids Walk going at your school!
Special thanks to our Kids Walk Sponsors:
Sensient Technologies Foundation, $3,000